Thanks for visiting my blog!
Last time I told you that I would start with the organic Facebook traffic strategy again and share how that went the next time you heard from me. So today is the day!
I started out with doing exactly what I was supposed to do:
1. Go into my affiliate marketing Facebook groups
2. Go to the members section and befriend and message 25 of the newest members to the group that seemed to be legit
3. Hold a conversation with these people to find out if they are qualified prospects (people that would benefit from The Iceberg Effect book)
4. And send a link to the book if these people are interested
However, while doing this, I ran into some things that I felt could be better…
First of all, when you befriend so many people, a lot of people are bound to ignore your friend request. When this happens Facebook doesn’t really like it and kind of blocks your friend requests by asking you to only befriend people you really know.
So I decided to take a slightly different approach.
Instead of sending everyone a friend request and a message, I send them just a message. And once I have a nice conversation with them, I send them a friend request as well. I’ve found out that people are a lot more likely to accept your friend request this way. Some people have even sent me a friend request first!
That was the first change I made. But I changed something else which I think will really help me in the long run 🙂
When I was just randomly messaging the last 25 legit seeming people that joined a Facebook group I noticed that I didn’t really get that much response. From the 25 people I send a message around 2 people would usually message me back. That really is quite a low response rate.
One of the reasons this could happen is that I’m just not in the right Facebook groups. However, this doesn’t seem likely to me since these are the same groups that worked for me before.
So it had to be something else.
This made me think about what I could do to get more people to message me back. And this thought process suddenly made me think about Dean’s organic strategy again.
Let me shortly recap Dean’s strategy:
1. You go into your niche Facebook groups
2. But now instead of going to the members section to find people to befriend and message, you try to find posts in which people offer something. The people that respond to these posts and indicate that they would for example like more information are the people that you will befriend
3. Then you post offers on your own timeline and get your new friends to ‘raise their hand’ to your offer and then send them your affiliate link when they do.
This second step especially seemed very interesting to me! And then I had an epiphany: “What if I combine these two strategies from Dean and James? What if I use Dean’s way to find people and then message them like in James strategy?”
The future belongs to those who learn more skills and combine them in creative ways
That sounds like a great solution to the problem I noticed that not enough people messaged me back right? After all, these people are actively showing that they need help or are interested in affiliate marketing related products.
And if they are actively asking for help, they are much more likely to accept my help and message me back 🙂
So that is what I did for the last two weeks!
And I have to say, the response was much better! Instead of only 2 people at most messaging me back, now I have at least 6-8 people that message me back 🙂
It takes some time to have a great conversation and get people to know, like and trust you, so I haven’t actually tried to make any sales yet, but I feel like I’m definitely getting close with several people!
Hopefully, by the next time you hear from me, I’ll be able to tell you for sure whether this combination of Dean’s and James’s strategies actually works better.
I’d love to hear your thoughts about this combined strategy!
Until next time!
P.S. if my blog posts have piqued your interest about affiliate marketing, the Iceberg Effect by Dean Holland is a must read book! You can get your copy for FREE (just cover $7.96 S&H) by clicking here.